Participating in a trade show is a great way to promote your business and products (and/or services). In fact, surveys have shown that around 79 percent of trade show attendees believe that the trade show will help them decide what to buy — and who to buy it from.
However, you’re going to have a lot of competition. As such, in order to make the most of your trade show experience, you need to make your trade show booth stand out from the rest and attract attendees’ attention. The following are five trade show booth tips to help you do just that at your next trade show:
1. Stand Out Visually
First of all, don’t use a boring trade show exhibit design. Put some effort into creating a high-quality, eye-catching booth that will grab the attention of any passerby. Set up digital signs instead of static signs. Use bright colors, stylish graphics, and/or an interesting booth layout to make your booth stand out visually.
Secondly, make sure that you highlight your company’s brand. It won’t matter if your products or services make a good impression on attendees if they can’t remember your brand. As such, you need to make sure that your trade show booth design is consistent with your branding efforts. Make sure that your company name is prominently displayed and that you’re using your brand colors.
You should also make sure that your booth staff is wearing company-branded apparel to help further boost brand awareness.
2. Use Technology
Technology can help you take your booth space to the next level. Utilize iPads to showcase digital product catalogs, provide attendees with information about your company and products (and/or services) using digital signage, and even place orders on the spot using touch screen devices.
By using technology, you make it easier for attendees to sign up for things and explore what your company has to offer. You can even set up charging stations for attendees to charge their phones, which is a great way to attract attendees who may not have otherwise have had an interest in your business.
3. Offer Freebies
Everyone loves free swag! Offering promotional items is a great way to get people interested in your booth. Just be sure to choose items that are relevant to your business and/or products. You can even require that attendees sign up for your email newsletter or follow you on social in return for getting a free item. Free items that you can give out can include pens, notepads, water bottles, tote bags, t-shirts, and even sample products.
4. Make Your Booth Interactive
The key to leaving a lasting impression on attendees who visit your booth is to create an engaging experience. One of the best ways to engage attendees is by incorporating some kind of interactive element that requires them to directly participate in the experience. The following are just a few interactive activities that you can incorporate into your booth:
- Virtual reality: This is an excellent way to give attendees a hands-on experience with your product or service without actually having to produce a physical product.
- Games: A simple game can be a great way to get people interacting with your booth and, as an added bonus, can also be used to promote your products or services. For example, you could have a game where the goal is to shoot a basketball into a hoop or putt a golf ball into a hole.
- Scavenger hunt: A scavenger hunt is an excellent way to get people interacting with your booth. Hide clues or prizes throughout your booth space and have attendees search for them. You can even expand the scavenger hunt across the trade show floor. For instance, maybe the scavenger hunt involves taking pictures of five specific items found throughout the facility.
- Set up a photo booth: A photo booth is a great way to get people laughing and having fun. It’s also a great way to get people to share your brand on social media.
5. Provide Product or Service Demos
Finally, if you’re selling a product, it’s a good idea to provide attendees with a demonstration of how the product works. After all, an estimated 90 percent of attendees are looking for new products. Additionally, if you’re at a tradeshow where everyone has similar products or services, this is your chance to show what makes your offering unique.
Service providers can also benefit from providing demos, as it gives potential customers a taste of what they can expect from your business. Demos are also a great opportunity to get people talking to your booth staff, which can help forge relationships and create sales opportunities.
By following these tips, you can create a trade show booth that is sure to attract attention and generate interest in your business. Just remember to keep your audience in mind when planning your booth and choose activities and giveaways that will appeal to them. With a little effort, you can make your trade show booth the talk of the event!