Best Alternatives iTunes Apps for Windows & Mac
If you are an iOS user (iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other Apple products), you practically know the importance of iTunes software, which is not to be presented to you. But if you also don’t know what it is, don’t be afraid we will tell you what it is and give you the alternatives to iTunes for Windows and Mac in 2021, a list of the best software and apps like iTunes.
iTunes is essential software for your Windows or Mac OS computer for managing media content and syncing your iOS devices. This application is top-rated and allows easy transfer of media (music, videos, photos, etc.) between your computer and your mobile device.
Before showing the list of applications like iTunes, let’s first see what iTunes is precise.
What is iTunes and what are iTunes alternatives for?
In a simple way, iTunes is software like many others that you install on your computer.
The difference is that the latter allows the reading and management of the digital media library distributed free of charge by Apple. This software is available and functional for Mac OS, Windows but also some Linux distributions by emulation.
For a little story, the application saw the light for the first time in the year 2001. It was initially intended only for the MAC and was only functional on the latter long before it was available for the MAC. PC and Linux.
The application was initially designed for playing music (a simple player like VLC ), but currently, the application has evolved a lot, and even currently, it allows the trade (sale and purchase) of multimedia content online (music, films, series, and others).
- The application will enable you to create smart playlists and playlists thanks to the “Genius” functionality
- Listening to podcasts and playing videos
- Listen to streaming radio
- Sync iPod, iPad, and iPhone
- And many other features
iTunes is the recommended app for your iOS devices, but if you are looking for alternative apps to iTunes, you are going to get them.
The probable reasons why you can download alternatives to iTunes are:
- You are a fan of personalization, and you don’t want to be like everyone else;
- You have problems with the official iTunes application;
- And any other reason that can animate you because it is a question of choice and personal taste.
7 Best iTunes Alternatives or Apps Like iTunes For Windows & MAC in 2021
Here are the 7 Best iTunes Alternatives or Apps Like iTunes for Windows & Mac of 2021 that will allow you to manage and play your multimedia content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
1. Media Monkey
This app is known to be among the best alternatives to iTunes. MediaMonkey offers the following features:
Features of MediaMonkey:
- Organize music and edit tags in your library
- Automatic search for covers, tags, and other metadata.
- Convert files to multiple formats
- Auto-DJ mode and also allows the creation of playlists
- Easy synchronization of your iPod, iPhone, iPad, and of course, other portable audio devices.
- And more.
Above, these are just the important functions of MediaMonkey that have been mentioned and what makes it one of the best applications like iTunes.
2. PodTrans – Alternatives to iTunes
A simple and easy to use transfer software too, PodTrans has been specially designed for iPods as the name suggests, but which works equally well for iPads and iPhones.
This software can back up and restore data from an iOS device. You can try it out and see how it works for you too, and see if it qualifies for this list for software like iTunes.
A multiplatform audio player (available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS) to manage your music library, offering a simple and easy to use interface.
The features that are listed below make it possible to classify this application among the best alternatives to iTunes.
- Easily find and play your local music library.
- Play music on the internet from Spotify, Grooveshark, SomaFM, SoundCloud, Icecast, SkKY.fm, Jazzradio.com, Jamendo, Magnatune
- Finding and hearing your music available on your Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- You have access to the lyrics of your songs, biographies of most of your favorite artists.
- Creation of smart and dynamic playlists.
- Remote control with an Android device, Wii Remote, MPRIS, or the command line.
- Copy your music to iPod, iPhone, and other devices via USB or MTP
- And more
Software almost equivalent to iTunes for Windows to manage only jailbroken iOS devices; that’s its biggest flaw. However, the installation of iTunes is required to use the latter.
SynciOS can back up your songs, contact notes, iBooks, and many other types of files from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
All in all, be aware that this software allows you to convert incompatible files into formats supported by iOS devices.
This alternative to iTunes facilitates the transfer of music, video, apps, and other formats supported by iTunes.
It has the following advantages:
- Compatible with the latest iOS devices (iPhones 11, X, iPhone 8 and 8 plus)
- An optimization (cleaning and acceleration) of an iPhone
- Backing up and restoring data from an iDevice
- A simple and easy to use interface.
Note that the software also allows the resolution of several iOS compatibility problems. A free trial version is available for PC and Mac:
A paid application is allowing the transfer of Audio files, Videos, Applications as well as other media files from your iPod, iPad, and iPhone.
This professional software allows you to manage all the personal information of your iOS device; it also allows a transfer of all types of data.
Finally, in this bonus, free software too easy to use, which has been specially developed for Motorola smartphones and iPods. It also works well in terms of transferring your data to your iPod.
If you have other software like iTunes that helps you, please share them with us in the comments. There are many people who are looking for the best alternatives apps to iTunes.
Read More: Best Musician Apps for Android