Best Windows Password Recovery Software
Recovery tools can be very crucial as their main task is to recover or reset the lost administrator password, which we often use to log on to the Windows computer. But the real confusion begins when you are about to choose the right Windows 10 OR 7 password recovery tool for you. Don’t worry; we’ve done the work for you. In this article, we are going to list the 5 password recovery tools that you can use to reset, recover, change, or delete the Windows administrator password.
5 Best Windows Password Recovery Software 2022
- PassFolk SaverWin
If you talk about quality and reliability, PassFolk SaverWin will be the recommended password recovery software # 1 for Windows 10. It is prevalent and can be downloaded for FREE.
SaverWin does not ask you to know the previous password; he can reset the administrator password using the password reset disk he produced. Keep in mind that this software does not recover the software but simply gets rid of the login screen so that you can use the PC without a password.
- PassFolk SaverWin can instantly remove any type of password from all Windows computers.
- No need to reinstall the operating system.
- Very fast and easy to use.
- No data or files on your PC will be compromised.
- Completely free to use.
- Reset local / Microsoft / root / domain accounts. All in one.
- Also works with 64-bit versions of Windows.
- The fastest Windows password hacking software.
- It is not necessary to remember the old password as it is not necessary.
- FREE program, which means you don’t need to invest a single penny.
- Works with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows XP / Vista / 7, including local, Microsoft, domains, and root accounts.
- The size of the program is much smaller than any other password recovery tool.
- The password reset disc can be created with a USB stick or CD / DVD.
- Saverwin needs a separate computer to install the program.
- ISO must be burned to a multimedia disc before the computer password can be reset.
2. Kon Boot
Kon-Boot is one of the fastest Windows password recovery software we have ever used. It also resets the computer password, just like SaverWin. But, Kon-boot works completely separate, and that’s why it’s a great alternative if the other tools don’t work with you.
- Easy tool to recover Windows password.
- Available for free.
- Very light. Perhaps the smallest available to date.
- Works with Windows XP / Vista / 7 and older Windows servers.
- Compatible only with 32-bit versions.
- Requires separate computers to burn ISO image.
- The ISO image must be burned on a CD / DVD because the USB drives are incompatible with it.
- Does not support 64-bit versions of Windows.
3. TunesBro WinGeeker
WinGeeker is another free Windows password recovery software. But it is not recommended, and neither is it our best choice. It works like any other tool, but the disadvantages of this program are far more than the advantages.
Indeed, it is a free tool, but keeps in mind that you will have to install the tool on a separate PC, and if this is the case, we recommend SaverWin or NT Password rather than this.
- Various methods for resetting Windows passwords are included.
- Password recovery is quick with short, simple passwords.
- Different Rainbow tables must first be downloaded from the Internet.
- Must install the software on a multimedia disc like any other recovery tool.
- A separate computer with administrator rights is required.
- Complex and complicated software. Beginners should not be involved.
- Does not work at all with Windows Vista / 7/8/10.
4. NT Password & Registry Editor
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is a famous and well-known software for removing Windows passwords. It is no better than the high-end tools available online. Definitely one of the favorite Windows password recovery software available right now and can be used to crack Windows passwords as well as zipped files, Internet Explorer, mail, and other files and folders.
- Quick Windows password reset software.
- You don’t need to remember an old password.
- Open source and free program, which means it will stay FREE forever.
- Works with Windows 7/8/10 but only for local accounts.
- The ISO image file is small.
- Text-based program that might be inconvenient for non-programmers.
- You must burn the ISO image to a pen drive or compact disc before you can reset the password.
5. Ophcrack Live CD
Ophcrack is the only Windows password cracker listed in this article that can recover the lost Windows password instead of resetting it. It is very quick to recover the password since you are using a short and simple password for the computer.
- The software is free and can be downloaded from the Internet for free.
- Linux-based program, which means that it can recover passwords automatically.
- No need to install the software.
- The cracked password will appear on the display screen.
- Works with Windows XP / Vista / 7 and Windows 8.
- Many antivirus programs identify it as Trojan.
- The ISO file must be burned to a media player or disc.
- Only simple passwords of less than 14 characters can be cracked.
- Doesn’t even work at all in Windows 10.
All of the tools are available for free and can be downloaded for free from their respective websites. So you don’t need to install the operating system when you forget the password, but use one of the tools recommended in this article instead. If you know of other tools, don’t hesitate to share them with us.