Best Zip, Rar, Unrar, and Unzip Apps for Android
You can encounter compressed file types on Android phones as well as on computers. These files can be in zip, rar, 7z, or other file formats. If you have to open this type of file, here are the best zip, rat, and unzip apps for Android.
List of Top 5 Zip, Unzip, Rar & Unrar Apps for Android:
- Unzip B1 Archiver zip rar
B1 Archiver is a popular tool for creating or opening compressed files. It supports 37 compressed file formats in total, as well as popular file types such as zip and rar. It also supports multi-part rar and b1 archives if you need them. It’s a solid app with a good overall design, but if you want to use some features and get rid of ads, you’ll have to buy it. Otherwise, it’s a solid implementation overall.
- Supports ZIP, RAR, B1, and 34 other formats
- Create password-protected ZIP and B1 archives.
- Extract multi-part RAR and B1 archives.
- Browse archive files without extraction.
- Partial extraction – extract only selected files without opening the entire archive.
- Unlock password-protected B1, ZIP, RAR and 7z archives.
- MiXplorer Silver – File manager
MiX Silver is a MiXplorer file manager package with Archiver and SMB2, Tagger and Metadata plugins. Technically, it has a basic compressed file open / create features like any file manager application. You can use it for ZIP or RAR files.
It can compress and extract in 7z and Zip / Zip64 (Reserved, encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard file formats.
The Android version of RARLAB’s WinRAR program, which we know from computers, offers the RAR app, all in one, original, free, simple, easy, and fast compression/decompression tools. It can basically be used as a file explorer. Rar is the best Unzip app for android which is also available for computer and iOS devices.
You can create RAR, RAR, and ZIP, and open RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, ARJ archives. It uses a list of functions, repair commands for damaged ZIP and RAR files, comparison function compatible with RARLAB’s WinRAR comparison, recovery record, usual and recovery volumes, encryption, solid archives, and multiple CPU cores to compress data.
In addition to standard ZIP files, the unzip function supports ZIP and ZIPX as well as password-protected ZIP, as well as BZIP2, LZMA, PPMd, and XZ compression. The unrar command is available for all RAR archive versions, including the latest RAR5, password-protected, and multipart files.
- WinZip – Zip UnZip Tool
Android version of the WinZIP program we know from computers like the above application. Create Zip and Zipx files with this app, extract, encrypt files, open Zip, Zipx, 7z, RAR, or LHA files, email large files, share them in Dropbox and Google Drive.
WinZip makes it easy to process large compressed file types on your Android device. The design has a surprisingly modern look, given other applications in this area.
If you want to extract and view the contents of a Zip, Zipx, 7z, RAR, or LHA file, just use the “Open with WinZip” option. Sharing files is also safe and easy, thanks to direct integration with Dropbox and Google Drive.
ZArchiver is a completely free tool and a tool that has been on Android for years. It usually provides a good user experience with easy controls and comes with support for many types of archive files. There are also options for encryption, password protection, and split archives if you need it. You can work with the following file types with this application.
Create these archive types:
- 7z (7zip), zip, XZ, lz4, tar, zst (zstd), bzip2 (bz2), gzip (gz)
It opens archive types:
- 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs,
View this archive content:
- chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz