How To Choose The Best IPTV Solution For ISP?
Internet Service Providers usually offer a package of services. For example, they can provide email services, web hosting, cable or satellite TV services, along with an Internet connection. In this article, we will focus on why ISP providers should switch to offering an IPTV platform instead of cable TV and what they might need when choosing an IPTV business solution provider.
How to Choose the Best IPTV solution for ISP? There is our checklist:
#1 Customer Support
The solution you obtain may be the best on the market. But if the developing company doesn’t offer 24/7 customer support, it will be difficult for you to deal with the product or solve an urgent problem.
Sometimes, a customer support service solves not only general problems and answers questions about the product, but the company may also offer help with the customization and configuration of certain products. Such help simplifies your work and life.
#2 Various packages
Some companies can offer packages that match your requirements. But some companies don’t provide a flexible approach and offer similar packages to all clients.
Choose the company that will adapt its services to your requirements. For example, the price may vary depending on the number of channels you will have or the number of your IPTV platform subscribers.
#3 Wide functionality
IPTV services are better than cable or satellite television because they offer flexibility to viewers. People appreciate them for many features, such as video-on-demand, rewind, catch-ups, and time-shifted media.
A developing company may concentrate only on VOD features or any other. But, from our point of view, it is better to find an IPTV solution with wide functionality as you will offer your customers more flexibility and freedom to watch videos however they like.
#4 End-to-end solution
In case you want to cover customers not only from your location but from other cities, countries, and even continents, you will probably need an end-to-end IPTV solution. An end-to-end video streaming solution includes:
- IPTV Middleware. It will allow you to manage everything: content, subscribers, monetization models, and applications. It is the heart of your IPTV business as it connects all other elements and defines the user interface.
- Encoder/transcoder. An encoder converts video into a format that can be delivered through the Internet, while a transcoder ensures that a video is played on a device it is sent to.
- Applications for devices: smartphones, Smart TVs, tablets, and laptops. They allow users to watch videos on any device they want and have. It is also comfortable if there are several family members who want to view videos at the same time. One can use, for example, a laptop, and the other can view videos on a smartphone. They will use one IPTV platform but watch different videos.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network). CDN is what will help a business to go international and cover more markets. It can deliver videos across the world with low latencies providing a better user experience.
- Set-top-box is essential to convert signals into visual and audio formats.
All these components can help you create a complete IPTV platform that can help you cover new audiences and deliver the content worldwide.
Also, important are analytics functionality, monetization capabilities, and customization. Check if a solution can provide you with these features as they can help you boost the performance of your service.
We provided you with a small list of elements that you should look for in an IPTV solution. Of course, many depend on your goals, but the elements we described can ensure your platform’s smooth launch and further operation.