Next-Gen New Virtual Reality Controller For PlayStation VR
This new virtual reality controller will give gamers a much deeper sense of presence and will feature some of the unique features of the DualSense wireless controller. We review the key features of the new virtual reality controller for PlayStation VR that will feature a unique circular design and, in addition, can be held naturally, allowing players to move their hands freely.
This new PS VR controller, in addition, will include some of the innovative features present in the DualSense wireless controller such as the use of adaptive triggers (each control -right and left- includes an adaptive trigger that offers palpable tension when pressed), haptic feedback (the new controller will feature shape-optimized haptic feedback that will make every game feel more impactful, textured and nuanced, and touch detection (the controller can detect fingers without pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, forefinger or the heart).
New Controller Keys for PlayStation VR
- Adaptive Triggers – Each VR knob (right and left) includes an adaptive trigger that offers palpable tension when pressed, just like the DualSense knob. If you’ve played any PS 5 game, you’ll know the tension of the L2 and R2 buttons when you press them, like pulling a bow to shoot an arrow. When you use that kind of mechanic in VR, the experience is amplified to the next level.
- Haptic Feedback – The new controller will feature shape-optimized haptic feedback that will make every game feel more impactful, textured, and nuanced. When you’re cruising through a rocky desert or fighting hand-to-hand, you’ll notice a difference in how the extraordinary audiovisual experience so fundamental to VR is enriched.
- Touch detection: the controller can detect your fingers without the need to press in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or heart. This allows you to make more natural hand gestures while playing the game.
- Tracking: The new VR headset continues to command VR thanks to a tracking ring located at the bottom of the controller.
- Action Buttons / Analog Joysticks: The left controller features an analog joystick, the square and triangle buttons, a ‘grab’ button (L1), a trigger (L2), and the create button. The right controller features an analog joystick, circle and cross buttons, a ‘grip’ button (R1), a trigger (R2), and the options button. The ‘grab’ button can be used to pick up items in the game, for example.
- As for the adaptive triggers, these will allow for unique experiences, adding palpable tension when pressed, similar to what is found on the DualSense controller. This mechanic is ideal for VR and amplifies the VR gaming experience to the next level.
On top of the rest of the functionality, the new controller will also have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured, and nuanced. In this sense, when players are traversing a rocky desert, or exchanging blows in close combat, they will feel a huge difference, magnifying the extraordinary visual and audio experience that is so central to virtual reality.
Also Read: Best VR Glasses