Oppo Watch ECG Edition Price and Release Date
Following in the footsteps of other big companies in the smartwatch segment, Chinese company Oppo has released a new version of its smartwatch, Oppo Watch, with the electrocardiogram (ECG) function.
The heart monitoring function depends on the approval of the authorities in each country to work and is not new in the industry: here in France, Apple is already authorized to use it on its Apple Watch Series 4 or newer.
The Oppo Watch has a very similar design to the Apple Watch, with a square screen, sleek stainless steel construction, and ceramic/wild on the back. Only the 46mm variant is supported by ECG.
According to the manufacturer, the detection of the Oppo Watch’s electrocardiogram is medical grade, the device is able to identify cardiac abnormalities that may be related to diseases such as atrial fibrillation and supraventricular tachycardia.
In addition to performing an ECG, the Oppo Watch can continuously monitor the heartbeat and emit a vibrating alert when the reading results indicate an abnormal condition.
Specifications for the Oppo Watch ECG include a 430mAh battery, which the company claims are capable of delivering 40 hours of battery life in smart mode, and up to 21 days out of the socket in low power mode. There is also support for fast charging, which promises a full charge in just 15 minutes.
The screen is AMOLED and measures 1.91 inches, with a resolution of 402 x 476 pixels. The watch uses the Snapdragon 2500 processor and the low-power Apollo 3 chip. In addition, it has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage space. The system is ColorOS Watch, compatible with smartphones. running Android 6.0 or higher.
The Oppo Watch ECG is compatible with e-SIM, which allows you to use it independently of your mobile phone to make calls, in addition to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and water resistance (5ATM).
Oppo Watch ECG Specifications
- 1.91-inch curved AMOLED display (402 x 476 pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2500 and Apollo 3 processor
- 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of storage
- 3-axis accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor, geomagnetic sensor, barometric pressure
- sensor, optical heart rate sensor, ECG sensor, ambient light sensor
- Indoor and outdoor running, outdoor walking, outdoor cycling, swimming, etc.
- ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Water-resistant (5ATM + IPX8)
- 4G via eSIM, 802.11n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, integrated GPS, NFC for payments
- 430mAh (typical) / 416mAh (minimum) with 40 hours of use, 21 days in long battery
Oppo Watch ECG Edition Price and availability
Oppo Watch ECG Edition is in the ordering phase in China and has a suggested price of 2,499 yuan around 313 euros, and will be available in October 2020