Are you interested in a gloss treatment? If you want your hair to be shiny and the color to remain bright, perhaps you should undergo this well-known treatment. Visit a professional hairdresser or do it yourself at home.
Glossing the hair makes it shiny and soft, improving its appearance. Healthy hair can be achieved without spending a lot of money. The hair gloss will leave your dyed hair looking like new.
What is Glossing?
Glossing is, as the name suggests, adding shine to the hair. Therefore, it is a subtle coloring and conditioning treatment that offers luminosity and shine to each strand. It’s perfect for refreshing colors like blondes and radishes. But it can also be used to add daytime radiance to freshly colored hair.
Gloss is one of the hairdressing industry’s best-kept secrets, offering a cost-effective and efficient way to breathe new life into the hair. That is why, when you go to the hairdresser to refresh the color, this treatment is one of the most proposed. This is because the hair gloss Helps give hair fullness, depth, and dimension. The glitter can be used as a finishing touch on any permanent hair color. It can also be used on natural hair to enhance its vitality. Therefore, this treatment is not only recommended for colored hair, even though it is the most effective. There are two different types of gloss: transparent and tinted This can enhance the natural color of the hair and make it look more vibrant. The colored one, as its name suggests, is perfect for dyed blonde or reddish hair. Provides more color pigment and leaves hair soft and bright.
What Is Hair Gloss and What Are Its Benefits?
Since the shine only covers the outer part of the hair, it is gradually removed by shampooing. This lasts an average of four to six weeks. If you do the treatment yourself, it can last between 2 and 3 weeks. In both cases, you will need to reapply the gloss product periodically to maintain the results.
However, if you just need to refresh your hair for a special event, hair shine is a great option. Among all its benefits, the following should be highlighted:
- Refreshes Existing Color
If you go more than three or four weeks without getting dyed, and in order not to damage your hair due to bleaching, it is recommended that you choose the hair gloss. You’ll get a fresh-from-the-salon look and feel without repeating the entire coloring process.
- Eliminates Yellowish Tones in Blonde Hair
Due to oxidation or bad bleaching, blonde hair turns yellow or orange with time. When these tones appear, the hair shine works as a color corrector to neutralize the warm tones. In this way, we manage to keep the tone at bay between appointments, so that that telltale yellowish tone does not appear for a longer time.
- Create the Subtlest Nuance
It is used to create a tone without seeing a drastic change. You will not see much of a difference at the color level.
- Improve Color Results
When applied after coloring, the hair shine enhances the tone of colored hair. When used between coloring, it revitalizes dull colors.
- Extend The Life of Your Tint
If your color fades too quickly, apply hair gloss once a week to keep the color vivid. This will prolong the time between coloring sessions. It is especially beneficial for overly porous hair that tends to lose color quickly.
- Add Softness and Shine to Your Hair
The gloss hermetically closes the hair cuticle. This results in smooth, polished hair. The shine makes it look healthier.
- Reduces Frizz
As the cuticle is sealed, frizz is reduced and loose hair will be easier to comb.
- Repair The Damage of Summer
Once the summer weather has passed, the hair looks more damaged due to exposure to the sun and seawater. Especially if it’s dyed. Hair gloss can repair damage and make your hair look shiny and healthy again.
- Gradually Fades without Leaving Marks
So there will be no unsightly contrast between the new growth and the previously treated hair.
How to Make Hair Gloss at Home?
If you want to boost your color and add shine without stepping foot in a beauty salon, you can easily do so. Today multiple brands and products work on glossing. Each product is indicated for a type of hair and color.
But if you want a cheaper gloss treatment you can use available ingredients.
- Coconut oil and honey mask. Honey is an ingredient that has properties that brighten and lighten the hair. Perfect for blondes. Coconut oil offers greater internal hydration. As a result, this mask has both honey and coconut oil for flawless results that restore moisture to your hair. Heat this mixture until melted. Apply from the roots downwards and then cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 15-20 minutes. Rinse it well and you’ll have splendor in no time.
- Egg mask. Eggs contain protein, fatty acids, and lecithin. These egg ingredients repair damage and dullness in the hair. Including it in masks provides natural hydration from the roots to the ends. For this mixture, use a tablespoon of olive oil with an egg white. Apply it to the ends and lengths.
- Lemon and apple cider vinegar mask. To recover the shine and at the same time eliminate residues from other products, use these two ingredients. This mask restores the natural oils of the hair and makes it healthier. Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your hair and let it sit for at least 15 minutes, then rinse.
See More: 10 Best Essential Oils for Hair