You can save your most important things online with the help of the ten best free storage cloud storage services that offer plans that are handy to use.
Need to make sure you never lose the files on your computer, phone, or tablet? Use an online service to store them. Because your computer could break down, your portable hard drives could get lost or damaged, and you never know when everything could go wrong at once, it’s a good idea to store your most important files online.
What should be done in these situations? As a result, the 3-2-1 backup plan should be used: If you use a 3-2-1 backup plan, you should have at least 3 copies of all your data.
Two of them should be local (in your home) but on different media (hard drives, computers, NAS), and the third should be external (for example, in the cloud).
Now the big question is if we can find a cloud storage service that is both free and unlimited. This doesn’t happen very often, but if we can find companies that offer free plans with a lot of storage space, that would be great.
10 Best Free Cloud Storage Services [Reviewed]
1. Google Drive (Google One)
A lot of people use this service, which shouldn’t be a surprise. It’s free to use with Gmail, Google Calendar, or YouTube, and Google gives you 15 GB of space online. This room is shared by all Google services. It may seem like a lot at first, but I’ve used all of it up since Gmail first came out.
You should get “Backup and Synchronization” for Windows and macOS and install it on your computer before you use this tool. From 1.99 euros a month, you can buy more space online. Google is really pushing the use of Google One right now.
One of the great things about this online storage service is that you can change documents (Doc, Excel, etc.) and save them automatically. You can also create as many accounts as you want with different email addresses. You can make as many free copies of your photos and movies as you want, but they can only be up to 16 MP or 1080p HD.
The bad thing is that you are now part of the Google community, which means that your privacy is gone.
2. IDrive Cloud Backup
The good thing about IDrive Cloud Backup is that we have apps for Android and iOS phones, Macs, Windows, and Linux… and that we are going to send the file to the cloud that is encrypted. They also offer a free plan with 5 GB of space. For as many devices as you want, even external hard drives.
Just 5GB? Not bad at all. You can try it out and then sign up for their 2TB plan, which costs $52.12 for the first year.
The main difference is that it’s not a file sync tool like Google Drive or Dropbox. It’s a way to store things in the cloud. You save a copy of your computer on the internet. As you saw before, you only back up a certain area.
Is it safe? Yes, of course. Military-grade 256-bit AES is used to secure your data both when it is being sent and when it is being stored. They let you pick a secret encryption key when you sign up. This key is only known to you and is not kept on their servers.
Your data will be kept in data centers that are made to withstand natural disasters and are watched 24 hours a day, seven days a week for both physical and network security threats.
- The good thing is that it is a perfect backup program to back up your entire computer in the cloud. Compatible with all systems and available for an unlimited number of devices.
- The downside is that they only offer 5GB for free. Then you have to move to a payment plan.
Dropbox may also be free for you to use. It’s great for backup storage because it comes with a free 2 GB cloud plan that lets you sync your most important files across all of your devices.
It’s not possible for Dropbox to back up your whole computer; it can only do that for the Dropbox folder, which is instantly synced online with up to three devices with the free plan.
To get a good amount of space, you need to look at the payment plans. For 10 euros a month, you can get 3 TB, which lets you send up to 2 GB of files.
You can back up photos on your phone with any Dropbox plan, but most people use it to sync their files or share files quickly with other people.His business plan is great for businesses.
- The good thing about Dropbox is that it can be used easily, works without problems, and allows you to synchronize all types of files with up to 3 devices.
- The downside is that they only offer 2GB for free and only up to 3 devices can be synced at a time on their free plan.
4. Amazon Drive
Do you want endless space online? You will have to pay for a package every year, but if you buy an Amazon product like the Fire tablet, you can eventually add more storage (5 GB extra). It’s very flexible and simple to use because it has apps for all kinds of devices.
- The good thing about this storage is that if you are a Prime member you can use it at no extra cost. It does not reduce the quality of the photos. Its price is very reasonable.
- The downside is that if you stop being a Prime member … bye …
5. Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft OneDrive is another great service that lets us store things online for free. We can store 5 GB of files on your basic account. It’s built to work with Windows 10.
It will run out of space quickly, but they do have fair payment plans that start at $1.99 a month for 100GB of space. Of course, the best choice might be to sign up for one of their plans that includes Office, which costs a bit more.
In addition, they make it easy to share information online.And everyone knows that his heart beats at work are the best in the world.
- The good thing is that it comes integrated with Windows and is very intuitive
- The downside is that they only offer 5GB for free.
6. Apple iCloud
You should also check out iCloud, Apple’s online saving service. You can use 5 GB of free online space if you have an iPhone, Mac, or iPad. As I already said, they only last a short time if you use your iPhone for a lot of photos and movies.
If you are using Apple products, this service is great. But if you are not, you should pick one of the other ones.How much do your payment plans cost?It costs $0.99 for 50GB, $2.99 for 200GB, and $9.99 for 2TB.
You cannot select what to sync at the file level.
- The great thing about iCloud is that it is fully integrated with iOS and macOS. It is perfect for Apple systems.
- The bad thing is that it only offers 5 GB for free and it is only advisable to use this online storage if you are an Apple user.
Mega is one of the coolest sites because you can store up to 50 GB of files for free. After that, you can choose one of their payment plans: for 4.99 euros a month to get extra benefits like group video and voice conferencing, version control, and more.
Best of all, it lets you secure your files so that no one can see what kind of files you are sending.Along the same lines as with iDrive, Mega doesn’t know either.
Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and Linux can all use its tools. You can also use Google Drive or OneDrive to share items.
- The good thing about it is the large amount of GB they offer and their encryption.
- The downside is that its predecessor, Megaupload, was shut down by the authorities in the past.
Icedrive is another service I use to store things online.One of the coolest things about it is that you can download its app on your phone and have it instantly upload your photos.Give away up to 10GB for free.
You can save old copies of your files and share PDFs to view them. For added convenience, you can use this service on all of your computers, phones, and tablets. It also works with WebDAV, but only on paid plans.
- The good: File versions, mobile photo backup.
- The Bad: Encryption and sharing links aren’t free. Limit bandwidth to 3GB per day.
One important thing to remember about the new service Internxt is that it offers zero-knowledge security, which means that only you can see your files.
Plans are cheap, and there are always deals online to get you to sign up.It only gives you 2GB of free space.That’s worth it. It has apps for phones and computers.You may also go to their website.
The good: Zero-knowledge encryption, you can share files and plans quite cheap. Simple and minimalist interface.
The bad: the service is very new and still looks like a “beta”. You can find bugs in apps and uploads.
There are also a lot of cheap websites where you can always find PCloud for less money.They let you store things online for free for up to 10GB.
Desktop apps can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.There is also a mobile app.Two or more people can share files and folders.Or, save extra copies of the photos you post on Facebook or Instagram.
- The good: You can sign up for life-long plans. Its price is good. Good apps and interface.
- The bad: file encryption has to be paid for separately.
What are the Advantages of Free Online Storage Services?
- The first and most important thing is that you are going to have a backup of the data you have selected.
- The second thing is that many of them offer a good amount of GB of storage for free, and then their pricing plans are really good.
- The third thing is that you can share files online by sending a link to your friends.
- The fourth thing is that in many of these services, your files will be encrypted and safe from other people’s eyes.
See More: Best Contacts Backup Apps for Android