Nowadays, Hair dyeing is the most common style option among men and women. Colored hair requires additional hair care, with these best organic shampoos for color-treated hair you can keep your hair fresh and stylish.
Women value their hair more than anything else in the world. You enjoy experimenting with various haircuts and styles. Regular shampoo cannot be used on colored hair as it requires proper care.
How do Shampoos for Colored Hair Work?
As previously said, you must use a color shampoo after coloring your hair. But you have to question how these specific shampoos operate.
Shampoos for colored hair often serve two objectives. They cleanse the hair and scalp in the same way that regular shampoo does.
Aside from that, they protect your hair’s color. The presence of harsh chemicals dulls the hair’s natural luster.
These shampoos frequently contain elements that restore the hair’s natural luster and set the color so that it lasts longer.
Best Organic Shampoo For Colored Treated Hair
This article will guide you to the best shampoos for colored hair so you don’t lose your lovely hair color. You must exercise extreme caution because the paint may expose your hair to chemicals.
1. Paul Mitchell Shampoo for Colored Hair
PAUL MITCHELL’s color protection shampoo is the test winner among shampoos for colored hair because it provides thorough hair care. It gently washes and strengthens color-treated hair.
Without proper care, dyed hair quickly loses color intensity and appears dry and brittle. The Hydrate Shampoo’s nourishing active components and botanicals increase the life of the hair color and give it a long-lasting shine – all without parabens.
It provides the hair with a vibrant, fresh appearance. Get this shampoo at home to give your lovely hair the care it deserves.
2. L’Oréal Professionnel Expert Vitamino Color Shampoo
Loreal’s color protection shampoo will revitalize your attractive, vibrant hair. Its antioxidants prevent fading of the hair color and deliver 6x more shine from the first wash. It is suitable for all hair types, including thick and curly hair.
It gives intensive treatment and moisture, resulting in enhanced color gloss and suppleness. It contains resveratrol and polyphenols, which protect colored hair from environmental and style stressors.
It strengthens and smoothes the hair’s surface. This shampoo for colored hair test winners functions as a moisturizing shampoo that gently eliminates residues without degrading the color.
3. Wella Professionals Invigo Color Brilliance
The Wella Professionals SP Essential Mask is another intense care treatment for colored hair. It is appropriate for any hair texture. After using this shampoo, your hair will be smooth, manageable, and healthier looking.
It contains vital minerals, and the essential formulas are enhanced by a combination of five fermented minerals: Zinc creates keratin, stimulates hair follicles, and promotes hair growth while preventing hair loss. Copper, when fermented, helps to make the pigment melanin, which gives hair its color and gloss.
Magnesium thickens the hair, strengthens its resistance, and prevents hair loss. Silicon strengthens the structure of the hair, causing it to grow thicker from its roots. Iron promotes the health, strength, and stability of the skin, hair, and nails.
4. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Color Shampoo
The exclusive tea tree special color shampoo is designed for colored hair test winners. Its natural extracts and energizing elements not only maintain the hair color but also prevent environmental and styling harm to your gorgeous hair.
With its five distinct applications, it represents sustainability and a refreshing effect. It is excellent for all hair types and gives full hair, intense moisture, promotes a healthy scalp, and protects hair color from fading.
5. Redken Color Extend Magnetics Color Protection Shampoo
To ensure that your hair retains its color for an extended period, you must care for it properly.
You may care for your hair properly with the Redken Color Extend Magnetics color protection shampoo, which prevents color loss during hair washing by sealing and strengthening the hair fibers.
This lightly cleansing, moisturizing shampoo contains the proprietary RCT protein complex, which nourishes the hair from root to tip and provides optimal care.
6. Schwarzkopf BC Color Freeze Shampoo
After coloring your hair, it is critical to take proper care of it at home to preserve the color for as long as possible.
This mild shampoo for colored hair without silicone restores the correct pH of 4.5, which locks in the color pigments.
It compresses and stabilizes the matrix, allowing the color pigments to remain trapped deep within the hair. It’s perfect for long-lasting, vibrant colors.
7. Aussie Color Mate Shampoo for Colored Hair
Are you seeking a gentle shampoo for colored hair? Then try this Australian product. It gently cleanses and protects color-treated hair.
Its Australian wild peach extract prevents your hair from becoming drab and damaged. It adds luster to your lovely hair, resulting in a salon-like look.
It removes damage, ensuring that the rich color is retained and remains shining and appealing.
8. L’Oreal Prof. Serioxyl Shampoo
Sebo-Regulator Shampoo for Colored Hair is a one-of-a-kind, Glucoboost-enriched solution that lightens the scalp while deeply cleansing it.
It clears the scalp of pollutants and excess sebum. As part of the Serioxyl thickening hair care regimen, the shampoo will help you get visibly thicker and fuller-looking hair in no time.
9. Maria Nila Organic Shampoo
This shampoo is ideal for colored hair because it contains no silicones or sulfates. Maria Nila Care Shampoo is sulfate and paraben-free, with 100% vegan ingredients that provide intensive color protection for your colored hair. It has a unique compound that prevents the hair color from fading.
Thanks to elements like sunflower extract, which contains antioxidants that prevent hair color from losing due to sun exposure. Provitamin B5 promotes intense wetness.
Wheat proteins restore the cuticle and reduce the effects of detrimental environmental factors such as hot air from a hairdryer, rigorous brushing, UV radiation, and salt water.
10. Wella SP Color Save Shampoo
Wella Professionals’ Well Color Profession Shampoo for colored hair contains Microlight 3D Complex, which provides excellent color protection.
It keeps hair from fading and also protects keratin and the hair’s natural protein structure from harm. It gently cleanses colored hair and leaves it soft and silky.
11. Pantene Pro-V color protection shampoo
This shampoo for colored hair contains active Pro-V nutrients that preserve the appearance of colored hair. It creates a protective coating on the hair, sealing it for a healthy-looking sheen.
12. Save Wella SP Code Energy Color Shampoo
It is a very effective product from Wella System Professional EnergyCode for colored hair test winners that revitalizes the hair and scalp while extracting the most from the hair. It restores the hair’s natural lipid balance, replenishing the cell poisons.
Furthermore, coffee increases blood circulation and hair roots, whereas histidine improves the hair’s natural protein structure, protecting it from free radicals. Vitamin B3 amide also helps with moisture balance and promotes healthy growth.
13. Dual Senses Organic Shampoo
This is another excellent shampoo for colored hair that is free of silicone, sulfates, alcohol, and parabens. It’s completely vegan and keeps hair color from fading.
Its innovative new luminescent technology turns invisible UV energy into visible light, resulting in exceptional luminosity. Your lovely hair will appear shinier and fuller with each wash.
How can you keep your Color Longer?
Hair coloring is expensive hair styling and if you are about to lose color it is a listening break. Regular shampoos can wash off the color in two or three weeks, leaving hair looking dull and dry.
The shampoo for colored hair contains ingredients that not only strengthen the hair strands but also provide your hair with moisture. They add shine and softness to your colored hair while protecting the hair color.
To prevent hair color from fading, do not wash your hair with chlorinated water. To get long-lasting hair color, you need to avoid direct contact with UV rays.
In addition, reducing the exposure of colored hair to heat styling tools such as a blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron will keep hair color longer. Using them at the lowest temperatures can cause hair damage.
- UV filter: UV rays are one of the main factors in the disappearance of your beautiful hair color. Direct sunlight means direct sunlight and other harmful pollutants. These shampoos contain UV protection ingredients that protect against UV rays and protect the hair from any kind of hair damage and color fading.
- pH balance: Colored hair is generally more prone to frizziness and dryness. The shampoos for colored hair must have a pH value between 7 so that the hair does not lose its natural texture.
- Moisturizing: You need a shampoo that will add extra moisture to your hair. This is very important if you have curly or dry hair. Moisture helps maintain the vibrant color and moisturizes the hair, which improves the overall health of the hair.
- Sulfate-free: The shampoo for colored hair must be sulfate-free. Sulfate is not suitable for your hair. It can make your hair dry and steal natural shine, making it look dull and damaged. It also fades the color of the hair. Choosing a sulfate-free shampoo is ideal for maintaining healthy hair.
TAKE INTO ACCOUNT OTHER FACTORS
- Hair Type: Along with the above factors, you need to consider factors that are important in shampoo. Whether you have curly hair, dry hair, frizzy hair, straight hair, or damaged hair, this should be taken into account when purchasing your shampoo. The shampoo should be formulated to retain color and suit your hair type.
- Washing Frequency: If you wash your hair frequently, you will expose it to water and chemicals. Therefore, it is best to allow some time between washes to minimize exposure of the hair to water and detergents. Skip shampooing if your hair isn’t too greasy.
- Type of hair color: Different hair colors require different care. For example, the color red fades quickly compared to other colors because it is made up of larger molecules and does not penetrate deeply into the hair shaft compared to other colors. You need to consider the type of hair color before buying a shampoo for colored hair
- Color-specific shampoo: The color-specific shampoos give your hair a healthy and shiny shine that brings out the color even more. Most shampoos will help improve your hair color and you can check this property on the label. So, washing your hair with these shampoos can help you make your hair color look even better.
- Volumizing: These shampoos not only protect your colored hair but also give it extra volume. If you have thin hair, buying a color protection shampoo that will add volume to the hair is ideal.
- Purple Shampoos: Purple shampoos are formulated with purple pigments. They help reduce the brass effect that occurs after you’ve dyed your hair either silver or blonde. The purple shampoos counteract the yellow tone with a blue tone. The downside to these shampoos is that they can dry out a bit and leave behind blue or purple undertones. Hence, you should only use it once a week.
- Testing the shampoo on your arm: When choosing a new shampoo, it is always a good idea to test the shampoo on your arm skin before using it on your hair. It is always better to take precautions beforehand.
- Check Your Hairline: Always make sure the hairline is covered with the paint. As the hair grows, the original color of the hairline begins to appear. You can either go to a salon to improve the roots or dye your hair at home. However, if those two options aren’t possible, you can use a cover-up spray to hide the roots. These sprays help hide the roots until the next time you wash your hair.
- Circular Motion Exfoliation: Try to scrub the scalp in a circular motion as it will remove dirt properly without damaging the cuticles and hair color.
See More: 10 Tips to Make Your Hairs More Flexible