Most Common Causes of Stress & Their Effect on Your Health
In our fast-paced world, we are constantly exposed to many stimuli that strain our nervous system. The emergence of digital, appearance and economic performance are taking an increasingly important place in our society. Humans are therefore constantly under pressure. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, almost everyone works against time, trying to catch up with arrears and others while looking for material goods, success, and happiness. But we never notice that even a small thing can cause stress and affect your mental health. Here below you will know the different factors and most common causes of stress and their solutions to overcome it.
Common Stress Factors
In this context, multiple factors can be a source of stress. Among the most recurring causes of stress, we can note:
- private life, family problems;
- work or school problems;
- material and social problems;
- psychiatric disorders;
- monotonous lifestyle;
- excessive expectations;
- lack of calm and rest;
- persistent noise;
The word stress has a negative meaning for most people, however, it can also be positive in certain situations where it motivates us and helps us push our limits. However, it must be used in moderation at the risk of ending up in burn-out!
How does a stressful reaction work?
A stressful situation generally begins with an alarm phase, followed by resistance before ending with exhaustion as shown in this diagram.
A stressful reaction usually occurs when complaints are made against us. Stress is an inherent driving force in life, but we must learn to overcome it. Stress is also closely linked to aggression. It is in the end an accumulation of small things that will make you start to stress and totally lose your means.
The best cinematographic illustration of stress at work is probably the film Falling Down (Free Fall) released in 1993. In this film, actor Michael Douglas loses control and “goes wild” following various professional and personal events.
If we cannot handle the stressful situations that we are faced with, depression, anxiety, fear, can lead to a weakened immune system. Regular stress accelerates the aging of the body.
Acoustics greatly affect the maintenance of attention and calm. Therefore, regardless of the level of acoustic treatment in a given place. Therefore, it is worth using sound-absorbing materials, for example, sound-absorbing panels, thermal curtains, acoustic panels, acoustic mats, sound-absorbing curtains.
Prolonged environmental noise and noise is inevitable. Many times even at night we cannot relax peacefully because of the constant infiltrating sounds. Traffic, construction sites, the noise of quarrels with neighbors, or the constant background noises in the offices, unfortunately, make silence impossible. If we cannot relax properly, we will be tired, lethargic, and our work performance and mood will deteriorate. In this state, it is more difficult to take the fight to stress.
What are the consequences of stress on health?
The stressors listed above can very well be cumulative, which generates an increase in stress. The consequences then take the form of various symptoms representative of a state of stress:
- constant nervousness;
- susceptibility to disease;
- cardiovascular illnesses ;
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- skin infections;
- nervous system problems, insomnia;
- hair loss ;
- loss of appetite or increased appetite;
Indeed, contrary to what one might think, the effects of stress on health are not only psychological. They can have physical consequences on the human body and be the cause of serious illness!
What can we do to overcome stress?
We have a few opportunities to create complete peace of mind around us and to create ideal conditions in all areas of our life. There are factors that we cannot influence, but for our health and our harmonious state of mind, we absolutely must protect ourselves from stress.
Under no circumstances should we use psychotropic drugs, alcohol, drugs to combat stress! Let’s not smoke and let’s not be addicted to candy! These activities, instead of providing a solution, only create more problems.
Causes of stress and how can you overcome it
Here are some tips to consider that will really help you:
- The use of an infrared sauna has been clinically proven to help lower blood pressure and can reduce stress
- Try to analyze the problems and think of possible solutions.
- Don’t panic, believe in yourself. If something doesn’t work, don’t give up, get up and try again.
- Create a peaceful and peaceful home: with nice and comfortable furnishings and noise-canceling accessories, we can create an island of tranquility in our apartment.
- Go outside several times, walk in the fresh air.
- Regular exercise.
- Listen to your favorite music that turns off and claps.
- Find a fun hobby, leisure activities.
- Positive thinking is very important. Don’t get caught up in every little difficulty or argument.
- Eat healthily and consciously.
- Enjoy the little pleasures and the beauty of life.
- But the most important thing is to take a step back and learn to relax to live a more serene and less stressful life!